Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Volunteering with the best...

This week I had the opportunity to volunteer to help the very well known J Schwankee with his floral show and class in Houston! I even got to take the class because there were a few people who had signed up to take it and couldn't make it for one reason or another. So low and behold the next thing I knew I was getting hands on instruction from the world famous J Schwankee.
He was an amazing teacher. What a great way for me to spend my day off, I absolutely love learning anything I can about flowers, styles, techniques, and tricks of the trade. I feel the more you know the better designer you are.

I felt very fortunate to have been able to learn so much from such an amazing Floral Industry ICON!
We created cascade bouquets in the gala bouquet holders. They are amazing for intricate designs, there is so much more room to work in, I love them. It was so much fun to just play around with different techniques and test things out. We don't get to do many cascade bouquets in the shop so it was a great opportunity to try something new!
Catch you next week...

...posting on the run from my iPhone...FNE...