Friday, May 1, 2009

The Elusive Blue Vase...

During the first month I started at the flower shop I took on the task of cleaning out all the vases, containers, pots, baskets, and random trinkets. I came across a beautiful blue bowlie vase that had about an inch of dust on it. We have a lot of random vases in the shop. Some are old FTD or Teleflora, but some are the last few remnants of a case that was purchased years ago. For some reason we have started calling these loner vases "odd-wads." They have their own shelf now, and everytime we feel up for a challenge we grab one of the "odd-wads" and see what we can create. Sometimes they are a hit and other times not so much... This was my "odd-wad" creation; which sold the next morning when one of our usual customers waltzed in the shop and said the best words a florist can hear... "I just have to have that!"